These patties are filling, crunchy and packed with lots of flavor! They are perfect in a burger, salads or just as a side dish.
Butternut Squash Quinoa Patties [Vegan]
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and shredded
- Large handful of cilantro
- 3 tablespoons psyllium HUSK’s powder
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon madras curry powder
- 1 teaspoon rose paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Transfer quinoa and water to a medium saucepan and bring to boil. Reduce to low heat and let simmer until cooked.
- Line the butternut squash chunks on a clean sheet of parchment paper. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes or until the squash is tender and lightely browned.
- Allow the butternut squash to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Transfer the squash to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- In a big bowl, combine all ingredients except for sesame seeds and combine thorough.
- Shape each patty and allign on a clean parchemnt paper. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and roast in the oven for 25 minutes, then flip each patty and roast for another 10 minutes.