These patties are so quick and easy and are always a perfect option if you’re not in the mood to be in the kitchen for too long. It involves a little grating, chopping, squishing, mixing, lightly frying or baking, and that’s pretty much it. Butter beans give the patties a nice creaminess, and the little bursts of sweetness from the corn are amazing.
Butter Bean Patties [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 can butter beans (drained and rinsed well), crushed with a fork
- 1/2 can whole corn, drained and rinsed well
- 2 small carrots, grated
- 3 small zucchinis, grated
- 1 "chegg" (chia egg: 1 tablespoon chia seeds to 3 tablespoons water)
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon buckwheat flour
- 1 slice of gluten-free bread, toasted and crushed into crumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- Salt and pepper
- Mixed Herbs
- Coconut oil, to fry
- Fresh arugula
- Sliced cucumber
- Add all ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- Mold into patties and allow to set in the fridge.
- Lightly fry the patties in the coconut oil, until golden brown on either side or bake in the oven for about 15-20 mins at 356°F until golden brown.
- Serve with side salad.