Who said that delicious food has to be complicated? While this chickpea bowl may not be something you can find in a Burmese restaurant, it is packed with Burmese condiments like fried red chili flakes, shallots, garlic, onions, and crushed peanuts. You can also make this with pre-cooked chickpeas, however, the joy of tasting a freshly boiled, hot, steamy, creamy chickpea is unparalleled!
Burmese Chickpea Bowl [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Burmese Chickpea Bowl [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup dry chickpeas
- Water, to soak/cook the chickpeas in
- 2 tablespoons peanuts, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fried onions
- 1 teaspoon fried garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped shallots/onion
- 1 teaspoon fried red chili flakes
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon spring onion (green), chopped
How to Prepare Burmese Chickpea Bowl [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Soak chickpeas overnight in water, making sure the chickpeas are completely immersed.
- Cook the chickpeas in the water it soaked in until soft. Add salt.
- Divide the chickpeas between two bowls.
- Top with the crushed peanuts, fried onion, fried garlic, and chopped onion. Season with fried red chili flakes. Garnish with chopped spring onions.
- Serve hot.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.