This is a pilaf with flavorful eggplant and porcini. You will love it! It is a filling, dynamic meal that can be had for lunch or dinner. You can even make it and take it to school or work. Make sure to give it a shot!
Bulgur with Eggplant and Porcini [Vegan]
- 2 cups bulgur
- 3 cups aubergines, in cubes
- 4 cups of water
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, melted
- 8 teaspoons olive oil
- fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- Soak the mushrooms in water or a little white wine for 3 hours. Then squeeze out the liquid and finely chop them.
- Soak the aubergine cubes in salted water for 30 minutes. Rinse them and throw them in a pot along with the other vegetables and mushrooms.
- Add the water, tomato juice and bulgur. Cook over medium heat.
- Add oil and salt.
- Enjoy warm or cold.