This lasagna is easy to make, but it looks and tastes like a dish you could order at an Italian restaurant. The buckwheat noodles provide a rustic feel that pairs perfectly with the pumpkin cream, leeks, sautéed mushrooms, and a topping of herbed bread crumbs. There's no final baking method for this lasagna — you just layer everything and then you're good to go!
Buckwheat Lasagna With Pumpkin Cream and Herbed Bread Crumbs [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Buckwheat Lasagna With Pumpkin Cream and Herbed Bread Crumbs [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 4 White Button mushrooms
- 3 sheets of buckwheat lasagna
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 fresh mint leaves
- 1 2-inch piece of a thick leek
- 1 large slice of pumpkin or winter squash, about 7 ounces
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- Paprika, to taste
- 1 gluten-free bread slice
- 1 large bunch fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Soy milk, to taste
- Water, as needed
- Sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Porcini salt, to taste
- Tomato sauce. to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil, to taste
- Lemon zest, to taste
How To Make Buckwheat Lasagna With Pumpkin Cream and Herbed Bread Crumbs [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
To Make the Pumpkin Cream:
- Preheat oven to 390°F. Slice the pumpkin, clean it and put on a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with rosemary, salt, and paprika. Let it cook until it softens, then set aside.
- Once cool, remove the peel and put it a blender or food processor with ginger and more salt, if desired. Blend until smooth, adding oil as needed.
To Make the Mushrooms:
- Clean the mushrooms well, cut into thick slices, and sauté over medium heat with a little bit of olive oil and Porcini salt. Add fresh thyme and freshly ground black pepper and continue to cook until the mushrooms are soft. Keep warm.
To Make the Bread Crumbs:
- Clean the parsley and mint, then add them to the blender with bread and lemon zest. Process just enough to turn the bread into crumbs.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet, transfer the bread crumb mixture to the pan, and stir with a wooden spoon until golden brown. Keep warm.
To Make the Leeks:
- Wash the leek and slice it finely. Put it in a pan and cover with equal parts water and soy milk. Add a pinch of salt, cover, and cook over low heat until the leeks are soft. Keep warm.
To Make the Lasagna:
- Cook the lasagna sheets in boiling salted water with olive oil. Drain, cut each sheet in half, and roll it out on a clean cloth.
- Add a layer of tomato sauce to the bottom of a large platter, followed by a sheet of lasagna. Spoon pumpkin cream over the entire sheet, followed by leeks, then mushrooms, then bread crumbs.
- Repeat the ingredients in the same order and serve immediately.
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile
Hello, Your recipes look amazing, I look forward to trying many. The first one I\’d like to make is the buckwheat lasagna. However, I am unable to find buckwheat pasta sheets. Can you share your source?