These brownies may be low in refined sugar, but they are sweet, fudgy, and oh-so satisfying. Made from a combination of buckwheat flour and almond meal, they're sweetened with dates, raisins, banana, and just a little bit of coconut sugar. You'll fall in love at first bite.
Buckwheat and Almond Brownies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 6 dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup oat cream or soy cream
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 3 tablespoons cacao
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Heat the oven to 390°F.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add dates, raisins, banana, and oat cream. Blend into a smooth cream.
- Add all the other ingredients and stir with a spoon to combine.
- Line a square tin with baking paper, then pour in the batter. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Let cool completely before slicing.