A simple pasta recipe that doesn't hold back on flavor! The sautéed Brussels sprouts and banana peppers make this pasta absolutely scrumptious. Plus, you can cook all the veg in the time it takes to boil your pasta water.
Brussels Sprouts and Pepper Pasta [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 6 ounces pasta (gluten-free if necessary)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 7 ounces of mix onions and bell pepper (frozen is fine)
- 2 teaspoons dried bell pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Tuscan spice blend (or garlic salt)
- 1 teaspoon Korean red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- Dash red pepper flakes and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons banana pepper juice from jar (or vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons olive juice from a jar
- 15 olives
- 1 steamer bag of Brussels sprouts
- Cook pasta and set aside. You can mix a little oil in with the drained pasta to prevent the pasta from sticking to itself and drying out.
- In a skillet, sauté chopped onion and bell pepper in oil. Add a sprinkle of salt and sauté until semi-soft.
- Microwave or cook Brussels sprouts until soft.
- Add all the spices and herbs to the skillet. Let the dried spices soak into the oil. Keep heat to med or med low. Once the dried herbs start to smell amazing move on.
- Add everything else to the skillet (pasta, Brussels, olives, and jar juices). Add salt if needed.