This tangy, crunchy, and refreshing wrap marries the delicious creaminess of Caesar salad with smoky mushrooms. Brussels sprouts and kale take the nutrition of this wrap to the next level and add a nice crunch to it as well. Be sure to make extra Caesar dressing for dipping!
Brussels Sprout Caesar Salad Wraps [Vegan]
For the Mushrooms:
- 10 large Portobello mushrooms, washed and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons liquid aminos
- 4 teaspoons agave
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
For the Dressing:
- 1 16-ounce package of silken tofu
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or oil of choice
- 3 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 2 teaspoons vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons liquid aminos
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper
- Juice from 1 lemon
For the Wraps:
- 6 cups shredded brussels sprouts
- 2 cups chopped kale
- Wraps of your choice
- Chopped tomatoes (optional)
- Slice your mushrooms into 1/3-inch strips and place them in a large bowl. In a measuring cup, whisk together oil, liquid aminos, agave nectar, liquid smoke, and onion powder with a fork. Pour marinade over mushrooms. Marinate mushrooms for 30-45 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 415°F. Place mushrooms in a single layer on a baking sheet. Use two trays if needed. Bake mushrooms for 10 minutes. Flip mushrooms over with a fork and bake another 10 minutes. Remove from oven.
- While the mushrooms are cooking, make the dressing.
To Make the Dressing:
- Place all dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor. Blend until the dressing is completely smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use.
To Assemble the Wrap:
- Toss a couple of tablespoons of dressing with 1 cup brussels sprouts and the rest of your ingredients. Assemble the ingredients the wraps as you desire and add a big additional drizzle of dressing.