A recipe that sound bizzare at first but trust us, it is so delicious and a great way to start or end your day!
Brownie Baked Oatmeal With Mint Avocado Frosting [Vegan]
For the oatmeal
- 1/2 cup's worth of peeled and diced zucchini
- scant 1/3 cup milk of choice, or water
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (or vanilla bean paste)
- 2-3 teaspoons maple syrup
- 4 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
For the Mint Avocado Frosting
- 1/3 a ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon milk of choice
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (can add more to suit your tastes)
- few spinach leaves (optional, for green color)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and spray a single-serving ramekin with non-stick spray.
- Puree all ingredients for the oatmeal together in a food processor. If it's too dry, add more milk one teaspoon at a time until it reaches a nice batter consistency. If it's too watery, add a little bit of oats. (It should not be as thick as cookie dough).
- Transfer mixture to prepared ramekin. Transfer to the ramekin and bake for 22-25 minutes, or until it no longer looks “wet” on top.
- While the oatmeal is baking prepare the frosting: dump all ingredients in a small food processor or blend with an immersion blender (that is what I did). Taste and adjust sweetener as you see necessary.
- After the oatmeal is out of the oven and has cooled, top with frosting (if you put the frosting on too early, it will melt…and not in a good way). You can either spread it on, or you can “pipe” it like traditional frosting. If you don’t have a piping bag, put it in a Ziplock bag and cut off one corner on the bottom–pipe away!