This parfait makes the perfect sweet breakfast! With layers of yogurt in between layers of chocolatey oatmeal, it's a breakfast you won't want to miss!
Brownie Baked Oatmeal Parfait [Vegan]
For the Brownie Baked Oatmeal:
- 1/3 a ripe avocado
- 1/3 cup milk of choice, or water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 1 (or 2) teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 heaping tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
For the Parfait:
- 1 single-serve (~6 oz.) plantbased yogurt of choice
- Fresh berries
- Other options: nuts, nut butter, chocolate chips, shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and spray a muffin tin (I only needed to spray four "muffin slots") with non-stick spray.
- Mix together avocado, milk, vanilla extract, maple syrup, cocoa powder, and salt by either pureeing in a mini food processor or mashing thoroughly with a fork (lengthy process, but gets the job done).
- Stir in baking powder and oats.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin pan. Only fill them about halfway. Again, I spread mine out into four "muffins."
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes (or longer).
- Layer the parfait in a glass or jar in this order: oatmeal, scoop of yogurt, a few berries, and any other ingredients you're using (I used walnuts). Repeat layers until you run out of oatmeal and yogurt.