This broccoli and caramelized onion hummus pizza is 100 percent vegan and gluten-free! Steamed broccoli, caramelized onions, and hummus is laid on top of a simple homemade lentil pizza crust before being sprinkled with dairy-free cheese.
Broccoli and Caramelized Onion Hummus Pizza [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
To Make the Crust:
- 1 cup lentils, dried
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
To Make the Topping:
- Heat an 8-inch skillet over medium heat along with oil. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until soft and caramelized. Set aside. Place skillet back on heat ource.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or prepare a pizza stone.
- Add all of the crust ingredients to a high-speed blender. Blend on high until smooth.
- Add half of the batter into the hot skillet. Cover and cook for 3 minutes or until top is almost set. Flip like a pancake and cook for 3 more minutes. Remove from pan and repeat with remaining batter.
- Once crusts have cooked, place onto baking sheet or pizza stone. Top with hummus, cheese, broccoli, and onion.
- Bake pizzas for 15 minutes or until cheese has melted and crust has crisped.