This filling breakfast bowl is loaded with scrambled tofu, baked hash browns, and quinoa to fuel you up for the day! Or you can enjoy it for lunch and dinner, too. Breakfast food is appropriate any time of day. The great thing about this breakfast bowl is that you can substitute all the vegetables for what you have available and in season at your local farmers market! So, no worries if you can't find bell peppers and spinach — maybe kale and squash is your thing.
Breakfast Bowl With Tofu Scramble and Baked Hash Browns [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Breakfast Bowl With Tofu Scramble and Baked Hash Browns [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Bowl:
- 1/2 cup quinoa, uncooked
For the Tofu Scramble:
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or coconut oil
- 1 14-ounce block firm tofu
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups spinach
For the Baked Hash Browns:
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1/4 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- A pinch of salt and pepper
For the Garnish:
- A handful of parsley or other herbs
- Lemon wedge
How to Prepare Breakfast Bowl With Tofu Scramble and Baked Hash Browns [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Set aside.
- Pat tofu dry with a paper towel to remove any excess moisture. Using your hands, crumble the tofu into small chunks.
- Heat avocado oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the green onion, tofu, and seasoning and cook, stirring constantly for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the red pepper and spinach. Mix well and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- To prepare your hash browns, preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Grate your potatoes and onion with a large grater, or pulse a couple times in a food processor. Using a kitchen cloth or paper towels, squeeze out as much water as possible.
- Mix the potatoes, onion, olive oil, salt, and pepper together in a bowl.
- Form into patties and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- To assemble the bowls, place quinoa on the bottom, the top with tofu scramble and hash browns. Garnish with some chopped parsley and lemon.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.