This bok choy and brown rice noodle bowl is a great dinner if you are looking for an easy meal that's also delicious. The lightly sautéed vegetables provide a nice crunch to the chewy rice noodles and the tasty broth. This recipe is super clean food to your body will thank you too.
Bok Choy and Brown Rice Noodle Bowl [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger (less or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 head bok choy florets, ends trimmed and separated
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- 1 cup sliced Baby Bella mushrooms (or mushrooms of choice)
- 1/2 cup mung bean sprouts
- Tamari, to taste
- 1 package of brown rice noodles
- In a small pot, bring the 4 cups of vegetable broth to a boil.
- While you are waiting for the broth to boil, add the olive oil to a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes and saute quickly for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the bok choy, kale, mushrooms, mung beans sprouts, and a splash of tamari.
- Sautée the vegetables until the leaves begin to wilt and vegetables become tender.
- When the broth is boiling, add the rice noodles and cook them according to the package directions.
- Pour the rice noodles and the broth into the large pot with the vegetables.
- Mix it well and add any additional seasoning to taste.
Adapted from Brooklyn Farm Girl's recipe.