These little crumble bars are downright heavenly. In this recipe, blueberry purée rests between an oat crust and a layer of crumbles. When baked, cooled, and refrigerated overnight they come out perfectly, creating the most desirable bars around. Enjoy these for breakfast or dessert, with a cup of coffee to balance out the sweetness.
Blueberry Crumble Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, softened
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 3/4 cup blueberry purée
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a pan with foil or parchment paper and grease.
- Combine the almond flour, rolled oats, baking soda, and sea salt together in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the coconut oil and agave syrup. Mix together and then, with your hands, fully incorporate until a crumbly mixture is formed.
- Press a loose 2 cups of the mixture in the base of the prepared pan, reserving the balance for topping.
- Purée fresh or defrosted frozen blueberries in a food processor until you have 3/4 cup purée.
- Spread the purée on the crust within 1/4-inch of the edge. Add the remaining 1/4 cup blueberries on top.
- Sprinkle the remaining oat mixture on top, lightly pressing into the puree. Bake for 40 minutes, until golden.
- Allow to cool completely. Refrigerate until firm, preferably overnight.
- The next day, cut it into bars and serve.