Looking for a fresh and easy summer dessert? Then look no further, this blueberry crisp is light, gluten free, easy to prepare and contains just 7 ingredients! Bursting with fresh blueberries and encased in a nutty and buttery pecan oat crust, it's a magical combination of flavours. Serve with dairy free vanilla ice cream for a mouthwatering dessert, or enjoy with dairy free yoghurt for a yummy breakfast. A real crowd pleaser that will be gone before you know it!
Blueberry Crisp [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Blueberry Crisp [Vegan]
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons tapioca starch
- 2 cups rolled oats (if gluten free use gluten free oats)
- 1 1/2 cups pecans
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup vegan marg or solid coconut oil
How to Prepare Blueberry Crisp [Vegan]
- Grease a 9 inch tart tin with vegan margarine or coconut oil. Preheat oven to 180•c.
- Prepare filling by mixing blueberries, coconut sugar and tapioca starch in a bowl. Set aside.
- To make the crust, add oats, 1 cup of pecans and coconut sugar to a food processor and pulse until it forms a fine crumb.
- Transfer to a bowl and mix through baking powder. Add in vegan margarine or solid coconut oil and rub through with fingers to form the crumb. Hold back 1/2 cup of the crumb for the topping. Press remainder into tart tin, building the sides up first then pressing into the base.
- Transfer blueberries to the crust, making sure not to add any of the liquid at the bottom of the bowl.
- Roughly chop the remaining 1/2 cup of pecans. Add to the leftover crumb and sprinkle over the crisp. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes, then cover with foil for the last 20 minutes to prevent the crust from burning.
- Allow to cool to set, then eat hot or cold with ice cream or dairy free yoghurt.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.