A coffee free iced latté made with blueberries, acai and coconut milk. Sure, you won’t get the rocket fuel kick you get from a good ol’cup of joe, but the acai is a beautifully fruity alternative to energize you for the day. You can use any dairy free milk you have to hand, but the coconut makes it extra creamy and latté-like. If you haven’t got any acai powder, just use extra blueberries in your syrup for a richer color. Blackberries would work really well too.
Blueberry Acai Iced Latte [Vegan]
- 1 cup non dairy milk (coconut suggested)
- 1 cup ice
- 1 tablespoon acai powder (optional)
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup/your favourite liquid sweetener
- Add blueberries, water and rice malt syrup to a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for about 20 minutes, until a syrup is formed. Allow to cool. The syrup will still be lumpy, but you want it smooth and pourable, so add to your blender and mix until smooth and runny, adding more water if you need to. Add acai powder and blend again.
- Add ice to your jar or glass and pour non dairy milk on top of the ice until 2/3 full. Now pour over your blueberry acai syrup.