This easy, fresh blood orange salad with red onion and mint can be whipped up so quickly, is loaded with health benefits, and great for a refreshing side or lunch.
Blood Orange Salad with Red Onion & Mint [Vegan]
- 6 blood oranges, cut into supremes
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 large handful of fresh mint, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup pistachios, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup vegan or regular feta, optional
- To a salad bowl begin supreming the blood orange and squeeze each to remove excess juice.
- Add the rest of your ingredients to the salad bowl and gently toss.
If you don’t have blood oranges, it works great with grapefruit or any orange variety. Have fun with your herb choices; any herbs work in this!