Chocolate, cherries, and luscious coconut cream —these decadent pancakes could easily pass for their namesake dessert! Serve these fresh off the skillet, with lots of maple syrup and a cherry on top!
Black Forest Pancakes [Vegan]
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup cherries, pitted
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon stevia
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats
- Generous 3/4 cup coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon stevia
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder or corn flour
- Preheat a non-stick frying pan over low-medium heat. Grease the frying pan a little if needed.
- Blend all pancake ingredients until smooth.
- Scoop 1-2 tbs of batter for each pancake and spread the pancake slightly with the back of a spoon, so it becomes a neat circle.
- Fry the pancakes for about 2-3 minutes, or until the top is partially cooked through.
- Flip the pancakes and fry on the other side for a further minute or two.
- Set aside while you make the cream.
- Stir all cream ingredients together in a small saucepan.
- Bring to the boil and remove from the heat when the mixture starts to bubble and thicken (should only take a few minutes).
- Layer the pancakes with the cream, ending with the cream.
- Garnish with more cherries, if desired.