Colder, rainier days call for warm, comforting recipes. Meals with legumes, especially beans, are a great example of this. The texture, rich flavor, and satiety they give us are responsible for this feeling. Adding legumes with spices, even better, since this "warming" effect increases even more. If you're looking for a cozy meal, this Black Bean Curry is perfect!
Black-Eyed Pea Curry [Vegan]
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 strip of chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil or olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup cooked and drained black-eyed peas
- 1/3 cup of water
- salt to taste
- chopped coriander for garnish
- Put the oil/olive oil, the chopped onion, and the pepper in a frying pan or wok and sauté a few minutes for the onion to soften.
- Add the chopped garlic and the spice mixture and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the cooked beans, salt, and water.
- Cook until the spices are wrapped in the beans and the water evaporates.
- Taste and rectify the seasonings.
- Garnish with chopped coriander.
- Serve with rice, salad, or bread.