This vegan black bean burger recipe is exactly what you were looking for. It's full of flavor and has a special cilantro lime sauce for extra deliciousness! A good veggie burger is only as good as its ingredients. Black bean burgers would be terribly bland if you just smashed up some beans and made it into a patty. It needs to be treated like any entree. The varieties of flavors you can add are endless. This vegan black bean burger is made with hearty black beans and loads of veggies that will fill you up. The cilantro lime burger sauce will delight your taste buds. I tend to go for a spicier burger with lots of onion, bell pepper, and a good amount of seasoning while this super simple cilantro lime sauce is a great topper for a spicy burger. It is cool and tangy. This vegan black bean burger recipe is next level.
Black Bean Burgers With Cilantro Lime Sauce [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Black Bean Burgers With Cilantro Lime Sauce [Vegan]
For the Burgers:
- 2 1/2 cups cooked or canned black beans
- 1 cup gluten-free oats, ground into flour
- 1/2 bell pepper finely diced
- 1/2 red onion finely diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped fine
- 1/4 jalapeño finely diced, plus more if desired
- 1/4 cup corn, fresh or frozen
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
For the Cilantro Lime Sauce:
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
How to Prepare Black Bean Burgers With Cilantro Lime Sauce [Vegan]
To Make the Burgers:
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat pan on stove medium-high with the oil.
- Reserve 3/4 cup beans.
- Place all other ingredients in the food processor and pulse until combined but still slightly chunky. Stir in remaining beans.
- Form patties. You should be able to make about eight.
- Fry in oil for a few minutes on each side until browned and crispy. Place in oven and bake for 25 minutes.
To Make the Cilantro Lime Sauce:
- Mix all ingredients. Put in as much lime zest as you can get/want.
- If possible, refrigerate for a few hours to enhance flavors.
To ensure the recipe has no trace amounts of gluten, select oats that are certified gluten-free.
Total Calories: 1232 | Total Carbs: 182 g | Total Fat: 33 g | Total Protein: 54 g | Total Sodium: 2472 g | Total Sugar: 10 g (Per Serving) Calories: 154 | Carbs: 23 g | Fat: 4 g | Protein: 7 g | Sodium: 309 g | Sugar: 1 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.