Black beans are high in magnesium and one of the best ways to take advantage of this is to turn them into a homemade cookie dough or a brownie batter. This recipe is very low in sugar and the beans are high in fiber, so it makes for a pretty perfect afternoon snack. Heads up: You’ll need a food processor for this one!
Black Bean Brownie Batter [Vegan]
- One (15- ounce) can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cacao powder
- 1 cup cashew butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large dates or 1/4 tablespoon date syrup (no sugar added)
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Add black beans, cacao powder, cashew butter, and vanilla to a food processor and blend until creamy and all ingredients are fully dispersed.
- Remove batter from food processor using a spatula and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Fold in chocolate chips, sea salt, and walnuts. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Remove dough from fridge and you can either transfer to a glass dish to store in the fridge or roll into bite- sized cookie dough bites.