Say hello to this super easy and comforting black bean and corn salad. It’s light and refreshing, crunchy, colorful, wholesome, and ready in 10 minutes. This is a Mexican inspired salad made with corn and black beans, red onion, red bell pepper, avocado, and cilantro, tossed with a lime vinaigrette dressing. Serve this salad with tortilla chips for even more crunch and comfort. All-in-all, this recipe makes for a great salad or appetizer when entertaining friends.
Black Bean and Corn Salad [Vegan]
For the Salad:
- 1 1/2 cups corn cooked (fresh, frozen or canned)
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 avocado chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro tightly packed, finely chopped
For the Lime Dressing:
- 1/4 cup lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large mixing bowl add corn, black beans, chopped red bell pepper, avocado, red onion and cilantro.
- In a separate small bowl add lime juice, olive oil, cayenne pepper, garlic, agave, cumin, onion powder, sea salt and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to combine. I like to serve this salad with tortilla chips.