You can keep these little silk pies all to yourself — no sharing necessary. The crust is made from cashews and raisins and it's filled with a light and airy chocolate mousse that's then topped with whipped coconut cream. It's so good, you won't want to share, but it's okay because you don't have to.
Bite-Size Chocolate Silk Cream Pie [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup of cashews, soaked in warm water
- 2 tablespoon of cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup of flax seeds (optional)
- 2 14-ounce cans coconut milk, refrigerated for at least 24 hours
- Liquid sweetener, to taste
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
For the Optional Toppings:
- Cacao nibs
- Chocolate shavings
- Mini vegan chocolate chips
- Chia seeds
- In a blender, combine the raisins, the cashews, the flax seeds, and 1 tablespoon of the cocoa powder. Blend until it forms a gooey dough.
- Press the dough into a cupcake pan, lining five of the cups to create the pie crusts. Store the cupcake pan in the refrigerator while you make the filling.
- Open one of the cans of coconut milk. Pour out the liquid and scoop the solid part into a bowl. Add the other 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder, the liquid sweetener, and the water.
- Whip this mixture until it forms a creamy paste.
- Scoop it into the crusts you made in steps 1-2, being sure to leave a little space at the top for the whipped cream layer. Put the cupcake tray back in the refrigerator so the chocolate filling can congeal a bit more while you make the whipped cream topping.
- Now open the other can of coconut milk. Again, you can drain out the liquid and scoop out the solid into a bowl. Add in the vanilla extract and liquid sweetener to taste. Whip this mixture until it forms a creamy paste.
- Top the mini pies with the whipped cream. Sprinkle on toppings, if you'd like.
- Refrigerate the pies until you serve them.