These Vegan Berry Crumble Bars are a delicious sweet treat and guaranteed to curb those cravings! They are super simple to make, and they can easily be adapted to work with any fresh or frozen fruit you have on hand!
Berry Crumble Bars [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Berry Crumble Bars [Vegan]
For the Crust and Crumble:
- 1 cup organic rolled oats
- 1 cup quinoa flour*
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut unsweetened
- 1/4 cup date sugar (can substitute with raw cane sugar)
- 4 tablespoons coconut nectar (can substitute with maple syrup)
- 1 1/2 tbsp raw nut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean powder
For the Filling:
- 4 cups of fresh or frozen berries blueberry, raspberry, blackberry, strawberry
- 1/4 " piece of fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husk
- 1 1/2 tablespoon date sugar
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
How to Prepare Berry Crumble Bars [Vegan]
- Preheat your oven to 350*F.
- If using frozen berries, measure them into a bowl and cover with warm water to thaw. If using fresh, measure them into a bowl, cover with warm water and add a splash of lemon juice or apple cider vinegar - allow them to soak.
- In a large bowl combine all the dry ingredients - oats, quinoa flour, whole wheat flour, shredded coconut, date sugar, cinnamon, cardamom, and vanilla. Mix it all together then add coconut oil, coconut nectar and nut butter. Continue mixing until a crumble-like texture is formed. Set aside.
- Strain your berries and leave them to continue to strain them as you move on.
- Brush an 8"x 8" pan with coconut oil and press half of the crumble mixture into it until it is flat and equally distributed. Set aside the pan and other half of the crumble mixture.
- Next, in a blender, add 1 cup of fresh or thawed berries along with the fresh ginger, psyllium husk, date sugar and chia seeds. Blend until smooth - you may have to add a splash of water (start small if you do). It should be a thick jam-like texture.
- Place the remaining 3 cups of berries in a bowl and coat with the blended berry mixture. Layer the berry mixture evenly across the crust in the pan, next crumble the remaining crust/crumble mixture on top. Optional - sprinkle top with some cinnamon.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes depending on your oven. When the top is lightly browned it is done. Allow them to completely cool before cutting.
If you do not have quinoa flour, you can always grind oats and substitute it with oat flour.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.