This is a great base recipe to experiment with. Add it to pizza, have it as dip, spread it on a sandwich instead of mayo, have it be a layer in lasagna, go crazy with it and have fun! Easy to make and super yum.
Beet, Fennel, and Lime Pate [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 small carrots, chopped into pieces
- 1/4 of an average size beet, chopped
- 1 heaping tablespoon chopped fennel (use the bottom bulb part)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons good quality olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Place the cashews and sunflower seeds in a bowl and cover them with enough water so that they are completely covered. Set aside and soak for 10 minutes.
- Place the carrots, beets, fennel, water, olive oil, sea salt and lime juice in the food processor.
- Add the cashews and sunflower seeds to the food processor and process until smooth, about 5 minutes. You will need to stop the food processor and scrape down the sides intermittently so that the pate does not stick to the side of the food processor.
- Chill for at least 10 minutes.