This basil pesto will go along with your favorite kind of pasta!
Basil Pesto [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Basil Pesto [Vegan]
- 100 gr. basil leaves
- 50 gr. pine nuts
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 75 gr. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 50 gr. broth from pasta
How to Prepare Basil Pesto [Vegan]
- First, wash the basil, and clean it from its stalks and drain it in a colander. Dry it on a paper towel or tea towel.
- Blend the garlic, pine nuts and nutritional yeast in a blender. Then add the dry basil and pour the lemon and olive oil.
- Just before removing the pasta from the heat, take 50 gr. from the boiling broth and throw it in the blender so that the sauce becomes a little more watery and "hugs" the pasta better.
- Serve immediately with freshly ground pepper. If you make less pasta, reduce the amount of ingredients or make the same, just put the leftovers in a glass jar, cover with olive oil and store in the refrigerator.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.