This basil pesto will go along with your favorite kind of pasta!
Basil Pesto [Vegan]
- 100 gr. basil leaves
- 50 gr. pine nuts
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 75 gr. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 50 gr. broth from pasta
- First, wash the basil, and clean it from its stalks and drain it in a colander. Dry it on a paper towel or tea towel.
- Blend the garlic, pine nuts and nutritional yeast in a blender. Then add the dry basil and pour the lemon and olive oil.
- Just before removing the pasta from the heat, take 50 gr. from the boiling broth and throw it in the blender so that the sauce becomes a little more watery and "hugs" the pasta better.
- Serve immediately with freshly ground pepper. If you make less pasta, reduce the amount of ingredients or make the same, just put the leftovers in a glass jar, cover with olive oil and store in the refrigerator.