This recipe is a fantastic twist on the Italian classic – Caprese salad. The tomatoes are sliced and layered with a creamy basil cashew cheese and then served with balsamic and olive oil. It's the perfect way to start any meal.
Basil Cashew Cheese Stuffed Tomato [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2-4 fresh vine ripe tomatoes
- 10 ounces soaked cashews
- 3-5 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 sprigs of basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 garlic bulbs
- Cracked black pepper
- A squeeze of lemon
- 1 cup of spinach
- Soak the cashews in water overnight or for 4-6 hours.
- Roast the garlic coated in olive oil and salt in your oven on 350°F for 10-15 minutes.
- In a food processor, blend the spinach, add the yeast, lemon, minced basil, and garlic and mix well.
- Add the strained cashews and mix everything again.
- Add the excess water as needed to achieve desired consistency.
- Slice the tomatoes and create layers with the tomato.
- Add additional basil if you want.
- Serve them with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.