Meet the perfect salad for your outdoor shindigs. There is something seriously magic about the moment the sticky barbecue chickpeas meets the creamy ranch and becomes one big, smoky, sweet, and tangy dressing. It’s crunchy, creamy, and incredibly satisfying.
Barbecue Chickpea Ranch Salad [Vegan]
For the Salad:
- 2 romaine hearts, chopped
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 2/3 cup your favorite vegan barbecue sauce
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 small avocado, diced
- 1 tomato, chopped (cherry tomatoes would work great)
- 1/2 cucumber, diced
For the Ranch Dressing:
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light tasting oil (grape seed works well)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 water or more, depending on desired thinness
- Prepare the dressing by combining all ingredients in a jar and shaking. Set aside.
- Add the chickpeas to a medium saucepan with the barbecue sauce and heat over medium-high. Let cook for about 10 minutes, until the sauce has reduced and stuck to the chickpeas. Set aside.
- In 2 large bowls or 1 big bowl, place your romaine lettuce, cucumber, red pepper, avocado, and tomato. Add the chickpeas.
- Drizzle with ranch sauce and toss.