I have never been much of a baker. It is just not my strength. My baking is always dry or flat or tastes awful haha. These actually rose. And were rich and moist and awesome. I actually eyed them suspiciously as I took them out of the oven thinking they were too pretty to taste good…I have NEVER made muffins this good before. Ever. And I’m super excited to share this gluten-free & soy-free recipe with you!
Banana Rhubarb Peach Muffins [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice flour
- 3/4 cup chickpea/fava flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp each of baking soda & powder
- 1 tsp each of salt & cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp of nutmeg
- 2 super ripe bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup of almond milk
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- 2 tbsp each apple sauce & liquid coco oil
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup of rhubarb, sliced (add 1/2 tsp of coconut sugar and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice)
- 1/2 cup of diced peaches
- Preheat the oven to 375. Start by slicing your rhubarb, put it in a bowl and add the 1/2 tsp of coconut sugar & lemon juice.
- Combine your dry ingredients (flours, sugar, baking powder & soda and spices) in a small mixing bowl. In a medium mixing bowl, combine your wet ingredients (mashed banana, almond milk, maple syrup, apple sauce, oil, vanilla and the flax seed) and whisk. Combine these two in one, large mixing bowl and stir until just mixed. Add your prepared rhubarb and diced peach and mix it up.
- Scoop your batter into 12 muffin liners, throw them in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- If you are lucky enough to have someone make a makeshift breakfast nook for you – enjoy these delicious muffins in your cute breakfast nook on a cloudy Sunday morning =)