Granola is one of those dishes, that you can make in a bulk beforehand and then enjoy a delicious & quick-to-make breakfast for at least a couple of days straight. All it takes is a bowl, a splash of plant milk and your breakfast is served!
Banana Cherry Granola [Vegan]
- 2 cups oats (choose gluten-free if necessary)
- 1/4 cup whole almonds
- 1/4 cup whole walnuts
- 1/4 cup whole cashews
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup dried cherries (sugar-free, if possible)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or agave)
- 1 mashed banana
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger
- Pinch of ground cloves (optional)
- Pinch of salt (preferably Himalayan or sea salt)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Using a big knife, roughly chop the almonds, walnuts, and cashews.
- In a big bowl, combine oats, the chopped nuts, pumpkin seeds, cacao nibs, and spices. Mix well.
- In a small separate bowl, combine maple syrup and coconut oil. Mix into the dry ingredients.
- Finally, add the mashed banana and mix well until all the dried ingredients are well-covered and moist.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Evenly spread the mixture on the baking sheet. Bake the granola for 20 minutes until golden, stirring halfway to get in evenly baked.
- While the granola is still hot, mix in the dried cherries. Let granola cool completely to crisp up.
- Transfer the granola to a glass jar or plastic container. Store at a room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
- Serve it with your favorite plant-based milk, coconut or soy yogurt, banana, goji berries, crushed peanuts, maple syrup or anything else that you like!