Standard Buddha bowls will be a thing of the past once you use your sheet pan to cook the ingredients. Minimal washing up makes this recipe a go-to for those evenings when you’ve had a long day and can’t be bothered to cook. With the help from the oil, the outer edges of the red cabbage will crisp up nicely, yet the inside will be soft. The red cabbage chunks will fall apart in your mouth. Roasted red cabbage is a favorite vegetable and the paprika smoked tofu chunks with a dollop of hummus are delightful. This is a perfect prep recipe to ensure you’re feeding your body plenty of goodness even on a busy day. Reprinted with permission from One-Pan Vegan by Luce Hosier. Page Street Publishing Co. 2022. Photo credit: Luce Hosier.
Baked Tofu Buddha Tray [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Baked Tofu Buddha Tray [Vegan]
- 4 tablespoons (60 ml) extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion granules
- 1 lb (450 g) smoked tofu, cut into ¾-inch (2-cm) chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 5 oz (150 g) broccolini
- 1/4 head red cabbage, cut into chunks
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- Pinch of chili flakes
How to Prepare Baked Tofu Buddha Tray [Vegan]
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C or gas mark 4).
- In a large bowl, combine 3 tablespoons (45 ml) of the olive oil with the smoked paprika and onion granules. Add the tofu chunks and stir gently to coat them evenly in the marinade.
- Scatter the tofu on the left-hand side of a sheet pan then add the bell pepper, broccolini, cabbage and cauliflower to the right-hand side. Drizzle the remaining 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of olive oil over the vegetables and place the pan into the oven to bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve with hummus and some chili flakes on the tofu, if you wish.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.