These baked shoestring fries are made with a spiralizer and then baked in the oven to a crispy perfection. They’re full of garlic and thyme flavor, so condiments are strictly optional!
Baked Shoestring Fries With Garlic and Thyme [Vegan]
- 2 Idaho potatoes, scrubbed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Chop off ends of potatoes and then, one at a time, run them through the spiralizer, making sure to use the smallest blade.
- Transfer sliced potatoes (fries) to two separate baking sheet and drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon per baking sheet. Place sheets in oven and bake for 20-30 minutes, until fries are crispy.
- While fries are baking, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet and add garlic and thyme; stir on medium heat for approximately five minutes or until garlic starts to turn golden in color.
- Remove fries from oven and transfer to a large bowl; drizzle with olive oil/garlic/thyme mixture.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.