Give rutabagas the place they deserve at your dinner table with this sweet, savory, and nutritious side dish that's a breeze to make. Rutabagas are simply spiralized, doused in a delicious garlic herb oil, and set to bake. Sprinkle some nutritional yeast flakes on this dish for some added cheesy goodness!
Baked Garlic Herb Shoestring Rutabagas [Vegan]
For the Baked Rutabagas:
- 3 rutabagas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast, to taste
For the Garlic Herb Oil:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5-6 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Peel and cut the ends off of the rutabagas. Run the rutabagas through a spiralizer on the finest setting.
- Place the spiralized rutabagas on a parchment-lined baking sheet, drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Evenly coat the rutabagas with the olive oil and seasoning by gently mixing with your hands.
- Evenly spread the spiralized rutabagas out on the baking sheet and cook at 400ºF for 30-35 minutes. You will know that the rutabagas are done cooking once they become soft, darker in color, and slightly translucent.
- Make the garlic herb oil while the rutabagas are cooking. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat and add 5-6 cloves of minced garlic. Cook 1-2 minutes and remove from the heat. Stir in the fresh chopped parsley right before serving.
- Once the rutabagas are done cooking, drizzle with the garlic herb oil, sprinkle with a little nutritional yeast, and serve.