Today we bring a vegan and a little healthier version of traditional doughnuts or chocolate covered doughnuts. These are very rich, not too sweet and without excess oil and fat.
Baked Doughnuts With Chocolate Topping [Vegan]
For the Doughnuts:
- 2 1/2 cup wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of baking powder
- 1/2 cup coconut or whole grain sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cup plant-based milk
- 2 tablespoons of vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon of salt
For the Topping:
- 1/3 cup of cocoa powder
- Agave syrup (to taste)
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- In a bowl, mix the sifted flour, sugar, yeast and salt. Add the vinegar, vanilla, oil and plant-based milk, mix well until well-mixed without lumps.
- Pour the dough into a pastry bag and fill the silicone doughnut molds halfway. If you do not have a pastry bag you can fill the mold with a spoon.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and bake the donuts for 12-15 minutes. Un-mold them and let them cool.
- In a large bowl, mix the cocoa with the melted coconut oil and the agave syrup (quantity to taste). Dip the doughnuts one by one in the chocolate coating, let them rest half a minute inside and take them out carefully.
- Decorate the doughnuts with chopped nuts, for example, with peanuts and let them cool in the fridge so that the coating solidifies.