These masala spice coated peanuts are the perfect munchie to put out at a party or to keep around the house as a snack. The peanuts are covered in a savory blend of spices and a tasty batter and then baked. You won't be able to stop eating these things.
Baked Curry Peanuts [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup roasted peanuts, unsalted and skinned
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 3 tablespoons rice flour
- 2 teaspoons red chili powder
- A pinch turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3-4 curry leaves, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt, to taste
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 4 teaspoons water
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Line a medium baking tray with parchment paper.
- Combine the peanuts with all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add oil and water, one teaspoon at a time, and combine them with a fork until the batter clumps together around the peanuts.
- Transfer them to the prepared baking tray and use the fork to break the clumps up and spread it as evenly as you can.
- Bake them in the preheated oven at 425°F for 10-12 minutes.
- Stir and rotate the tray every 5 minutes and break up more clumps as you stir.
- Let them cool completely on the tray. If there are any uncooked clumps, put them back in the oven for a few minutes.
- Store them in an airtight container for 2 weeks.