Avocado. Chocolate. Two things that don’t seem to go together, but let this recipe show you that they actually do!
Avocado Chocolate Cream Bars [Vegan]
For the Bottom Layer:
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup walnuts
- 3 tablespoons chocolate granola butter
For the Avocado Layer
- 2 very ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- a pinch of salt
- Begin making the chocolate bottom layer by adding the ingredients into a food process. Blend till a sticky, yet still crumbly mass forms.
- Press thing into a bread pan lined with parchment paper. Put in the freezer while you make the avocado layer
- Throw all the frosting ingredients into the food processor and blend until creamy.
- Pour the frosting over the chocolate base layer and spread evenly with the back of a spoon.
- Store in the freezer for about 2 hours for it to set. You can either leave it in the freezer or keep it in the fridge for a creamy texture.