Cauliflower, carrots, Brussels sprouts, and beans in a slightly sweet balsamic glaze. These roasted veggies make a great side dish, but they also can be served on a bed of brown rice as an easy meal!
Autumn Vegetables With Balsamic Glaze [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into florets (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed, ends cut off, and halved
- 4-5 carrots, peeled and sliced into 1-inch pieces (about 2 cups)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 15-ounce can white beans (cannellini or navy), rinsed and drained
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots (about 1 large shallot)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss the cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, and carrots in a large bowl with the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and layer the vegetables evenly over the paper. Bake for 20-25 minutes, turning a couple times during baking so the vegetables don’t burn. Oven times may vary. It took me about 23 minutes.
- Return the vegetables to the large bowl. Add the can of white beans and golden raisins to the vegetable mix and stir. Set aside.
- While the vegetables are baking, make the balsamic glaze. In a small saucepan, melt the vegan butter over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook until shallots are soft, about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low, let shallots cook for 1 more minute, then add the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, vegetable stock, agave, and lemon juice. Bring to a slow boil on low heat and cook until the glaze is reduced by half, about 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, and let the sauce sit for 5 minutes.
- Drizzle the glaze over the vegetable mix and stir to coat. Best served immediately.