As the seasons change so does the way we eat. Autumn is the season where our bodies require different types of foods to stay balanced as we prepare for the transition to winter. With the mornings and nights becoming chillier, it is great to start incorporating more warming and wholesome foods into your diet. This bowl is so yummy, nutritious, and will be sure to warm you up!
Autumn Rice and Lentil Nourish Bowl With Brussels Sprouts and Pumpkin [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
To Make the Rice and Lentil Bowl:
- 1/2 cup brown lentils
- 1/2 cup basmati rice brown or white
- 3 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups Brussels sprouts
- 2 cups pumpkin, chopped into cubes
- 2 cups spinach or kale
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil for frying
To Make the Tahini Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free, low-sodium soy sauce
- Warm water
- Soak lentils in water at least 8 hours prior to cooking.
- Start with roasting the pumpkin in the oven. Pre heat oven to 355°F, cook for about 30-40 minutes until nice and soft.
- Add the lentils, rice and water to a medium saucepan and let cook for about 20-30 mins, once cooked, poor out remaining water and let sit with the lid on.
- Cut brussels sprouts in half and cook in a frying pan for about 15 mins with coconut oil until it starts to get soft and starts to brown.
- To make tahini sauce, mix tahini, lemon juice, soy sauce in a mug and add small amounts of warm water until it thickens. (don't add too much water or it may become too runny).
- Get a bowl and first add in greens then rice and lentil mix, add all remaining ingredient and top with a drizzle of tahini sauce and extra lemon or soy sauce if needed.