The flavors of Asian food packed into a burger? Oh yes! These Asian-inspired burgers are made from quinoa, broccoli, and carrots and have a ton of flavor and protein – a delicious and unique way to enjoy your next veggie burger!
Asian Quinoa Burgers [Vegan]
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 cups cooked broccoli
- 1 cup shredded carrots (or regular carrots)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 3/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon flaxseed meal plus 2 tablespoons water)
- First, prepare your flax egg by combining the flaxseed meal and water together in a bowl. Set aside for at least 10 minutes, allowing mixture to form an egg-like texture.
- Combine broccoli, carrots, garlic, oats, soy sauce or aminos, garlic powder, and sesame seeds together in a food processor. Pulse until combined.
- Pour mixture into a large bowl and then stir in cooked quinoa and bread crumbs by hand. Add in the flax egg last.
- Once everything is stirred, form the mixture into burgers. This recipe should make anywhere from 8-12 burgers depending on how small or large you make them.
- Set burgers on a baking sheet and place in refrigerator for at least 20 minutes, allowing time for the burgers to hold shape.
- Once the burgers are set, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet and cook burgers until slightly browned on either side.
- Serve on a burger bun with your favorite toppings and enjoy!