A simple and flavorful stir fry with sharp green chili and fresh tasting green onions.
Asian Chili Tofu [Vegan]
- 4 to 6 whole green onions
- 3 green chilies minced
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups of slice able tofu, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 3 pods of garlic, minced
- Separate the whites and green of the onions. Chop them both and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl mix in the green chilies, soy sauce, white wine, sesame oil and honey and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick wok, until very hot.
- Carefully add all the tofu, single side down and cook for about 1 minute on both sides until the tofu is lightly browned.
- Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon.
- In the oil add in the ginger and the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add in the white onions and saute for 3 minutes, until the onion is nice and translucent.
- Add in the tofu and mix well. Stir in the soy sauce mixture and cook for 2 minutes, until the mixture is absorbed.
- Add in the spring onion greens and cook until wilted and serve the tofu with a side of rice.
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile