A simple and flavorful stir fry with sharp green chili and fresh tasting green onions.
Asian Chili Tofu [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Asian Chili Tofu [Vegan]
- 4 to 6 whole green onions
- 3 green chilies minced
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups of slice able tofu, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 3 pods of garlic, minced
How to Prepare Asian Chili Tofu [Vegan]
- Separate the whites and green of the onions. Chop them both and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl mix in the green chilies, soy sauce, white wine, sesame oil and honey and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick wok, until very hot.
- Carefully add all the tofu, single side down and cook for about 1 minute on both sides until the tofu is lightly browned.
- Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon.
- In the oil add in the ginger and the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add in the white onions and saute for 3 minutes, until the onion is nice and translucent.
- Add in the tofu and mix well. Stir in the soy sauce mixture and cook for 2 minutes, until the mixture is absorbed.
- Add in the spring onion greens and cook until wilted and serve the tofu with a side of rice.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.