This is a lovely, refreshing, and crisp salad. The combination of arugula, kiwi, fennel, beets, and other fresh veggies is sure to brighten up any meal.
Arugula, Kiwi, and Fennel Salad [Vegan]
- 2 small Chioggia or Yellow beets, peeled
- 4 radishes, ends chopped
- 6 cups baby arugula
- 6 kiwi, peeled, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 small fennel root, white parts, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup pistachios, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup almonds, roughly chopped
- Zest of one lemon
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped dill
- 2 pinches fleur de sel or sea salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients. Set aside.
- Using a mandolin, or very sharp knife, very finely slice the beets and radishes. Stack them up, in batches, and then very thinly slice again, into strips.
- Add the arugula to a salad bowl, then mix in 3/4 of the rest of the ingredients.
- Drizzle on the dressing, and mix well.
- Top with the remaining ingredients for color, then serve immediately.