This is a simple, easy and flavorful dish that can be served as a starter (entrée) or a main meal. Of course, you could make the same dish with pasta, but this healthy version is worth a try. It’s also a great way to get your kids to eat more vegetables. Bon appétit!
Artichoke Pesto Zucchini Noodles [Vegan]
As needed for desired serving size (starter or main meal):
- Zucchini(s) with peel, spiralized
- Artichoke pesto sauce or other type of homemade or store-bought pesto sauce
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Options for toppings: marinated artichokes, dry red pepper flakes, micro-greens, salt and pepper to taste. Can also sprinkle some vegan parmesan cheese.
- Spiralize zucchini into noodles, gently pat them dry with a paper towel and transfer to a microwaveable dish or platter. Set aside. (Also note that at this stage, you can store the noodles in a sealed container in fridge and assemble the recipe later. Put a sheet of paper towel on bottom to absorb any extra moisture. They will keep for a good 4 days.)
- In a sauce pot on stove top, heat up a small amount of olive oil. Add by tablespoons the pesto sauce; more or less one tablespoon per serving. Mix well until blended and evenly heated. Take off heat.
- Microwave the zucchini noodles on medium-high heat for 30 seconds or a little closer to 1 minute if you have a lot or if your zoodles have chilled in fridge. But do not over heat them so that they remain on the crisp side. Add the heated pesto sauce and toss well to coat.
- Divide into serving plates with tongs. Add toppings of choice.