This dip is light, lemony, and easy to make. Artichokes are excellent for you. They are high in antioxidants and are a rich source of vitamins, fiber, and minerals. Marinated artichokes have a rich flavor which makes them great for dips, casseroles, salads, or appetizers.
Artichoke, Chickpea and Lemon Dip [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1-2 garlic buds, pressed
- 3 tablespoons tahini paste
- 14 ounces jar of chickpeas, strained and rinsed well (makes 1 1/2 cups strained chickpeas)
- 14 ounces jar of artichoke hearts, strained and rinsed well (makes 1 1/2 cups strained artichoke hearts)
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon peel, finely grated
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered cumin
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- A dash of pink salt, to taste
- A fine drizzle of olive oil on top of serving portion (optional)
- Put all ingredients in a food processor and process until creamy.
- Transfer to a serving bowl or platter, drizzle a little olive oil on top, and garnish or serve plain.
- Serve with crisps, pita bread slices, and/or raw vegetables. Store in a covered container in fridge.
For this recipe, whether you choose artichokes in water or olive oil, strain them and rinse them out well under running water.