This dip is light, lemony, and easy to make. Artichokes are excellent for you. They are high in antioxidants and are a rich source of vitamins, fiber, and minerals. Marinated artichokes have a rich flavor which makes them great for dips, casseroles, salads, or appetizers.
Artichoke, Chickpea and Lemon Dip [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Artichoke, Chickpea and Lemon Dip [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1-2 garlic buds, pressed
- 3 tablespoons tahini paste
- 14 ounces jar of chickpeas, strained and rinsed well (makes 1 1/2 cups strained chickpeas)
- 14 ounces jar of artichoke hearts, strained and rinsed well (makes 1 1/2 cups strained artichoke hearts)
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon peel, finely grated
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered cumin
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- A dash of pink salt, to taste
- A fine drizzle of olive oil on top of serving portion (optional)
How to Prepare Artichoke, Chickpea and Lemon Dip [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Put all ingredients in a food processor and process until creamy.
- Transfer to a serving bowl or platter, drizzle a little olive oil on top, and garnish or serve plain.
- Serve with crisps, pita bread slices, and/or raw vegetables. Store in a covered container in fridge.
For this recipe, whether you choose artichokes in water or olive oil, strain them and rinse them out well under running water.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Per Serving: Calories: 118 | Carbs: 11 g | Fat: 7 g | Protein: 7 g | Sodium: 258 mg | Sugar: 1 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.