A galette is the most rustic dessert you could make. There's no mold or baking dish required, it's completely formless. The shape depends on how you choose to lay the dough. What could be easier than that? Nothing! Also, the dough is super easy to make and can done by hand or in a food processor.
Apple Galette [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Apple Galette [Vegan]
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 + 1 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- ice water (you'll need 5 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large apples (sliced as thin as possible)
- Extra sugar for sprinkling
How to Prepare Apple Galette [Vegan]
- Fill a glass with water and ice. Ice water is needed.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl mix the powder with your hands, add oil and mix until thoroughly well integrated. What you have left should resemble sand. There should not be large pieces.
- Add the water and begin to mix until a soft dough forms. Form a ball and put in the fridge for about 10-15 min.
- Slice apples as thin as possible.
- Stretch the dough until it's about 1/8 inch thick.
- Sprinkle cinnamon, 1 tablespoon sugar and cloves over the dough. Arrange the apple in rows. Fold the edges of the dough to cover more or less 2 inches from the apple.
- If you want, you can sprinkle a little sugar over the top.
- Put it in the oven and leave it there until edges are golden.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.