This cinnamon-spiced spread combines the creamy richness of a nut butter with the chunky texture of apple butter. Spread it on toast, eat it with banana, or enjoy a spoonful right out of the jar!
Apple Cinnamon Walnut Butter [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Apple Cinnamon Walnut Butter [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups whole raw walnuts
- 1/2 cup dried apples, packed
- 1/2-3/4 cup neutral flavor oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
How to Prepare Apple Cinnamon Walnut Butter [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- In a food processor fitted with the "s" blade, pulse the walnuts and apples 5-6 times to chop. Process for a few minutes until a sort of flour forms, and then a lump of what looks like dough.
- With the food processor running, slowly drizzle 1/2 cup of oil into the machine, which will loosen up the butter. Allow it to continue to puree until almost smooth. You may not need the full half cup. Scrape down the sides a few times to make sure everything is well-incorporated.
- Add the cinnamon and salt, and then process for another 30 seconds or so to combine. Taste, and adjust salt and cinnamon to your preference.
Use immediately or store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.