Your taste buds will be blown away with these apple cinnamon doughnut cookies! These sweet white wine treats are pretty simple to make, and will really make someones day!
Apple Cinnamon Italian Wine Doughnut Cookies [Vegan]
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of canola or vegetable oil
- 1 cup of riesling white wine
- 5 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 small red apple peeled and diced into very small chunks
- 1/2 cup of sugar and cinnamon mixture
- First, combine the sugar oil and wine and mix until sugar is mostly dissolved. Half a cup at a time start adding the flour. Halfway through add the baking powder. Keep adding the flour until the dough is smooth and slightly elastic (but manageable in your hands, you don't want it too sticky and you don't want it crumbly either). Cover the bowl with a towel while you prep the rest. Meanwhile pre-heat the oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or spray lightly with cooking spray.
- After you let the dough sit for about ten minutes take small amounts, roughly the size of a quarter and roll out into a skinny log shape about 4 inches long. Take a couple of those small apple chunk and shove them into the dough. Roll the log in the cinnasugar mixture and then gently loop the log into a circle and press the ends together making a circle. Repeat until you have approximately 4 dozen cookies.
- Cook for 15 minutes or until golden brown on the top (don't let these babies burn - it makes a big difference, so keep your eye on them for the last five minutes in the oven). Let cool, then serve. Store in an airtight container.