Celebrate the season of all things apple cinnamon with these amazing cupcakes! They'll make your kitchen smell amazing, and your taste buds will thank you.
Apple Cinnamon Cupcakes [Vegan]
- 1 box vegan cake mix
- 1/2 cup vegan butter softened
- 2 vegan eggs
- 1/4 cup soy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup unsweetened plain coconut yogurt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon plus extra for sprinkling
- 1/2 cup gala apple peeled and diced into small pieces
- 1 stick vegan butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons soy milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place cupcake liners in a regular size cupcake pan.
- In a bowl beat the vegan eggs.
- Add the butter and continue to beat.
- Add the soy milk, vanilla extract, yogurt and continue mixing.
- Add the cupcake mix and cinnamon until smooth and creamy.
- Fold in the apple to the batter until evenly distributed.
- Pour the batter into the cupcake pan filling each cup about two thirds full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Spread frosting over each cupcake and sprinkle some cinnamon on top.
- In a bowl, mix all of the ingredients except for the soy milk with an electric mixer on low speed.
- If the frosting is too thick, gradually add in 1 tablespoon of soy milk at a time.