Aloo gobi is a dish that combines cauliflowers with a stew of potatoes and rich spices. Traditionally spices such as cumin and coriander are used, in addition to ginger, turmeric and vegetables such as tomatoes, onions and peas in some versions. It is an aromatic stew, very simple to cook, which you can serve with basmati rice and naan bread.
Aloo Gobi [Vegan]
- 1 cauliflower
- 1 onion
- 1 red pepper
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 6 cooked potatoes
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- a piece of ginger root
- a piece of turmeric root
- 1 teaspoon cumin beans
- 1/2 teaspoon cilantro seeds (best powder)
- a jet of oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- a pinch of pepper
- Cut the onion and potatoes into medium-sized pieces and the red pepper into cubes. Separate the cauliflower in bouquets, chop the garlic, ginger and very finely turmeric and cut the cherry tomatoes in half. apart we put to thaw the peas in water.
- Heat a pot with oil and cumin seeds, cook for about 2 minutes until they release aroma. Add the garlic and half of the ginger, turmeric, onion and red pepper and sauté.
- Place the other half of the previous ingredients together with half of the cherry tomatoes, salt and a pinch of pepper in the blender glass. We crush until a homogeneous sauce is obtained.
- Next, add the potatoes, stir and add the cauliflower and coriander seeds. We cook another two minutes stirring from time to time.
- We add the defrosted and drained peas and the remaining cherry tomatoes.
- Add the tomato sauce that we had prepared, mix and cook until the vegetables are soft.
- We serve the aloo gobi with basmati rice.