These almost raw walnut burgers are also awesome on rainy summer days, because instead of throwing them on the grill, you slow-cook them in the oven. Made from walnuts, mushrooms, carrots, and savory sun-dried tomatoes, these burgers are made completely from whole foods. If you don't follow a raw diet, serve them on a bun like you would with any burger otherwise, throw one on top of a big salad and enjoy.
Almost Raw Walnut Burgers [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Almost Raw Walnut Burgers [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3 cups walnuts, soaked for 3 or more hours
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup fresh herbs of your choice, finely chopped
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 3 carrots, shredded
- 1/2 a bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- A dash or two of vegan Worcestershire sauce and/or soy sauce (optional, omit for grain-free)
How to Prepare Almost Raw Walnut Burgers [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Drain and rinse the soaked walnuts, and add them to a blender or food processor.
- Add all the other ingredients and blend until smooth. The mixture will have a very moist, loose consistency.
- Form the mixture into patties, place on parchment paper, and heat in the oven until firm. At raw temperatures, 104-118°F this could take 3-4 hours. If you are not following a strict raw diet, you can heat it at 300°F for an hour. No matter what temperature you choose, the burgers should remain soft and moist.
- Serve on buns or a salad with your toppings of choice.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 2662 | Total Carbs: 93 g | Total Fat: 241 g | Total Protein: 132 g | Total Sodium: 597 g | Total Sugar: 31 g Per Serving: Calories: 444 | Carbs: 16 g | Fat: 40 g | Protein: 22 g | Sodium: 100 mg | Sugar: 5 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.