You will fall in love with the moist yet crumbly texture of this almond pear torte. Made from flour and almond flour, the almond flavor is prominent but not overwhelming and the pear subtly comes in at the end. This cake tastes even sweeter if you allow it to sit overnight so the pear juice infuses with the cake. Is this the perfect cake for the holidays? We think so.
Almond Pear Torte [Vegan]
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Almond Pear Torte [Vegan]
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 pear, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
How To Make Almond Pear Torte [Vegan]
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix the almond milk with the vinegar and set aside.
- Mix all dry ingredients together (from flour down to sugar).
- In a mixer with the whisk attachment, add coconut oil, extracts, and milk/vinegar mixture and mix well.
- Add all dry into the mixer and mix until well combined, about 3 minutes.
- Use a springform pan for easy release — spray the pan thoroughly and sprinkle the bottom of the pan with the 2 tablespoons of sugar. Place the pear slices in a spiral on the bottom then sprinkle with the sliced almonds.
- Slowly pour in batter.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Cool before eating
The longer this cake sits, the better it tastes! The almond flavors really develop overnight.
- Almond Flour
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile
This was the hit of the party, people asked for the recipe and couldn\’t believe it was vegan. It was so easy to make.